Key Qualifications and Areas of Expertise
- Create high quality animation using digital tools
- Plan shots with an understanding of story/context
- Work within strict branding guides to create new content
- Project Manager experience
- Team Manager experience
- Art Direction experience
Technical and Traditional Skills
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere & Encoder
- Toon Boom Animate Pro
- Puppet Rigging (2D)
- Kinetic Typography
- Trapcode Form
- Trapcode Particular
- Asset Drawing
- Animation Template Creation
- Character Animation
- Figure Drawing
- Hand Drawn Animation
Lead Animator & Art Direction | 10/14 – Present
Golden Arm Media – Austin, TX
- Liaising with clients and developing animation from their concepts.
- Creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative.
- Developed a production pipeline increasing efficiency for the whole team.
- Worked from starting sketch, to final digital illustration, to rigged illustration in animation program to significantly speed up pre-production.
- Developing the timing and pace of animation movement to ensure it follows the soundtrack and audio requirements.
- Meeting production deadlines and clients’ commercial requirements.
- Employing teamwork managing skills to coordinate a broader production network, including copywriters, video production teams, animators, and project coordinators and communicating directly with clients to bring their final vision to life.
Contract Character Animator | 2015
LanoCo Studios – Remote
- Brought concept art to life by building digital assets to be animated for Honeywell Videographic
- Rigged all character assets, including multiple angles
- Fully animated all 2D characters
Lead Editor & Designer | 2013-14
Treasure’s Skirtwork for Fusion Belly Dance Feature DVD – Corpus Christi, TX
- Planned the direction of shots to be recorded to ensure minimal shoot dates.
- Designed the compete aesthetic to keep consistency across print and digital products.
- Worked as the solo editor on all shots for feature length final product.
- Developed motion graphics for animated segments to remain on brand throughout.
Director of animation | 2013
A&M University Heart Research Institute – Corpus Christi, TX
- Hand drafted animation to make “Ecosystem Services of the Ocean” Short film more engaging to all audiences
- Designed unique characters and gave them a unique feel through hand drawn animation
- Assisted in compositing allowing the team to hit a deadline that had been pushed up mid production
Lead Designer | 2013
South Texas Underground Film Festival (STUFF) – Corpus Christi, TX
- Worked within tight branding guides to deliver a multitude or promotional material that stay cohesive across the multiple platforms from billboards, to program books.
- Created a comprehensive organized schedule layout to better direct festival attendees to their desired film screenings.
- Complied festival booklet to ensure proper film credits and advertiser space.
- Managed promotional email blast campaign leading up to festival kick off.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation
Savannah College of Art and Design – Savannah, GA | 2012
- In-depth studies of 2D Animation, Motion Media, Stop Motion Animation, Life Drawing, File Organization, Art History, Sound design, Storyboarding, Compositing.
Associates in Studio Arts
Del Mar College – Corpus Christi, TX | 2009
- In-depth studies of Life Drawing, Design, Sculpture, Print Making, Art History, Geology, English Literature, Biology, US History, Government.